Sunday, March 25, 2012

Military Expo Spotlight: Avadan Grantham & GAF


Today's Military Expo Spotlight is on Avadan Grantham, who also owns GAF:

1.  What inspired you to start your business in Second Life?
I started as an experiment in making aircraft.....after 2 years and a bit i had one flying...lol. I've been selling them mainly for charity. I was always interested in flying in SL..that led me to the Pacific Fleet Group.....re-enacting the period of the Pacific war in 1942. Thats when I noticed the uniforms available were....well....i thought i could do better...so i learned clothes making and put a lot of research into each uniform. I have concentrated on no prim attachments for ease of movement and flying in sl etc.

2.  Tell us about business, what were your aims and goals in Second Life when you started the brand?
GAF..."Grantham Aeroplane Facsimile" was the initial branding but has now diversified into clothing and developement of aircraft in a cooperative manner. I dont have a lot of time in world...but its good to be able to turn a request into reality.

3.  How long have you owned your business in Second Life?
About 2 years now.

4.  We are thrilled to have your business come to our military expo this year! What about the expo inspired you to take part?
Role play in SL is an exciting component of the overall experience.  Most of my work is orientated around the period of WWII....and so it wasn't a huge stretch...lol.

5.  What are your future plans for  your business in Second Life?  Any new and exciting things on the horizon?
Continuing as I have been most likely....the time factor is my main enemy...i'm happy with the way things are at the moment. If I can supply goods that meet the quality and demands...all the better....

6. How long have you been in Second Life?
Overall about 3 years now...on and off

7.  What made you first join Second Life?
I saw an article in a computer Mag....looked interesting...left it alone for a while...then came back to enjoy the wonders...lol

8.  What are some of the strangest things you have experienced or seen in Second Life?
Not so much things or places...although there are mighty strange things in both categories....but some people in here are.......well........committed...or should be....lol

9.  Other than owning a business in Second Life and making awesome products, what are some other things you like to do while you are in Second Life?
I have a group of regular friends in here and we have fun....and sometimes I DJ......I also can provide services for functions  eg weddings.

10.  If you could invite anyone from RL into SL, who would it be?
hmmm......a tough one.....there are many great musicians in here....but damn it would be good to see Mick Jagger....LOLOL

You can find GAF products on the SL Marketplace:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/91697  

0 comments:

Post a Comment